Tuesday, July 20, 2004

SHE IS JUST A CHILD....

Yesterday, Afiqah, my second daughter and Affandy were taking their afternoon nap.  My first daughter, Afrina, was memorizing her spelling while I was chatting with one of my friends in the net.  Afiqah woke up crying when she realized I was not beside her.  Hearing his sister cried, Affandy woke up crying too.  I was hoping both of them would stop crying once they realized that they had each other in the same room.  But fat hope! They came to me for attention while I was "enjoying" chatting.  Both of them wanted to be carried. How was I supposed to do carry both at once?
 
Then, to my surprised, Afrina put down her spelling list and came to us.  She said, "Come...satu orang ikut kakak. Mari kakak dukung. Semua orang asyik nak Ummi, takde orang nak kakak. Stop crying. Ummi kan lagi work kat computer tu.  Come Affandy ikut kakak." She carried her brother.
 
Only God knows how I felt at that moment.  Ashamed (as I was not busy doing "work"), proud, relieve and happy.  My God...she is only 5 years old.  Yet she behaved like grown up and willing to take responsibility.  I was speechless.
 
I remembered when I was 5, I was still being pampered by my grandparents (I was looked after by them).  I don't remember being asked to do anything nor I offered to help.  But my girl is different.  She loves to help around even though she is not required to do so.  She would washed her own plate after meal.  She swept the floor when leftover tidbits was all over.  She helped to wash her sister's hands.  There are so many things for me to list down.  She may be naughty at times, but I realized she has become a responsible and helpful little girl.  Ya Allah..I love her more and more seeing her growing up.
 
At times, when she was concentrating doing her things, I would just stare at her.  Please don't get me wrong, I don't mean to brag about my own flesh and blood. But..Ya Allah...she is so beautiful.  And when she smiles, her dimples show on both her cheeks.  When I looked at her, I see myself there cause she looks just like me.  With her curly hair and small eyes.  Thank you Allah for creating her for me.  I admit, I used to scold her the most as being a big sister, she should set good example to her siblings.  But I tend to forget that she is just a child.  She deserves some respect, the way she respected me.  And most of all, she loves me unconditionally.
 
I love you..Nurin Izzah Afrina....just the way you are.



No comments: