Wednesday, September 29, 2004

I asked my MIL's help to look after Afiqah for today as I need to send Affandy for his 15-months injection. MIL fetched Afiqah yesterday and she supposed to send back by today. It seems that she is not free to send today, so Afiqah will stay with her for another night. Miss her so much already!

I sent Affandy for his jab this morning at Woodlands Polyclinic. Normally I have hubby to accompany, but today, I was on my own. Dear hubby got to serve and defend his country for almost two weeks. "I'm proud of you hubby, you're my hero!" Miss him so much also!

Back to this morning, I took cabs to and fro. With a boy to carry and a stroller, how to take bus? Before the injection, Affandy could not keep still. He walked here and there, climbed up and down the chairs, he even messed up the nurse's table. But after the jab, there goes the super-active boy. He cried for a while and later doze off. The nurse said he would have fever between 5 days to 2 weeks time. Oh..oh. Affandy seldom got sick. But if he falls sick, he would be very grouchy and cranky. He would cling to me all day and night. And I couldn't do other things as he only wanted to have "memek". Being his ummi, he only wants mine. For those who do not know what "memek" is, do not ask me! Try to find out yourself.

The nurse also said that Affandy is a little bit light and underweight. She even asked me if I give him eat. Of course I did, how could I let my boy starved! She suggested that I supplement him with formula milk. Does this mean that my milk is not good enough for him? In fact, I did give him formula milk once in a while. But he would only bite the bottle's teat and poured out the milk. So, how else can I make him to have "normal" weight?



No comments: