Friday, September 24, 2004

Yesterday I had a long chat with my late cousin's wife. I could not control my tears upon hearing her soft voice. This was the voice of a lady who had just lost her husband due to cancer and left behind four small children. This was the voice of a lady who everyone taught was so strong but only Allah knows what's on her mind.

I wanted to call her for a long time since my cousin passed on, but I was not sure what to say and when was the right time. BabyHD said her sister-in-law would surely welcome any calls made me hesitate no more. I just got to do it and I did. She was so touched that I called and we just cried a while without saying anything. She told me she missed her husband badly. I told her please be strong and let him go. She is trying very hard to conceal her emotion as she did not want her children to see her cry. It hurts her when her children kept asking about their father and she told them to remember all the sweet memories with him and to pray for their father's soul. May Allah give her strength to carry on.....

Before we end our conversation, I told her that I really hope our silaturahim will never end even my late cousin has gone. That was what she hoping too. To her, seeing and talking to her husband's families and relatives was like....a cure for her pain. When she looked at us, she saw her late husband in us as we are his flesh and blood. I can feel that she is lonely even with the laughter of the kids filled the house. She needs someone to talk to and to give her moral support. I promise that I will be there for her if she ever need me.


No comments: