Saturday, April 09, 2005

Last night after sending my girls to their 'ngaji' class, I went to Vista Point to get some groceries. As I was waiting to cross the road at the traffic light, I saw a young couple who was sitting and talking on the bench. From what I saw, I could see that the guy was trying to console his sulking girl.

He tried to hold her hand, she pulled her hand away. He tried to touch her hair, she pushed his hand. He tried to hug her, she sat further apart. Called me busybody, but this drama was there for everyone to see though there was no shouting scene.

When I was crossing the road, my mind was thinking about the incident. Was I like that during my courting days with Hubby? Thinking back, I think I was, or rather still am. But I don't sulk as much as before. I know for sure I sulked a lot last time. Maybe that time, that's the only way to get Hubby's attention. Sometimes men can be so insensitive of women's feeling.

I think I sulked too much till Hubby somehow 'created' a phrase which I felt its truthness in it. He said, "Orang merajuk selalu rugi". Even if our children sulked, he would tell them that. What he meant that, people who sulk won't get the satisfaction of what they want.

But sometimes I get what I want through sulking. And I love it when Hubby consoled me. I feel pampered and feel being loved. When Hubby consoled me, meaning he knew he was wrong and he just won't admit it. Men have this thing called ego. When he consoled me, I took it as he give in and he apologies indirectly. Ego made men difficult to say sorry. Or maybe he gave up?? Oh..oh..

After knowing Hubby for 12 years and being married to him for almost 8 years now, I admit that I still yearn to hear the "3" words. Hubby is not a romantic Romeo, but he expressed his feelings through action. *grin* (not just "that" action, you dirty minded, it could be other type of actions to show his affection). But once a while, when he said those 3 words to me, I was in cloud nine. I could smile the whole day. I smiled when I cook, I smiled when I did the laundry, I smiled when I eat, and I could still smile when my kids messed the house or even draw on the wall. You see the power of those 3 words. But I don't understand, men still don't get it!

So you guys out there *hinting to Hubby*, don't hold back those 3 words. Say it to your love ones, before it's too late. Say it when she sulks. DO I need to say more?

No comments: