Monday, April 13, 2009

Everything Went Well

Alhamdulillah. Everything went well, as planned.

On Thursday night, I had Qiyam session with my beloved Halaqah sisters. My children slept over at their Nenek's house and Hubby spent his time alone at home. I had doubt at first actually, leaving Hubby sleeping alone. But I guess, it's good to be alone once in a while.

The Qiyam session with the sisters was indeed beautiful and peaceful. The bond and the love between us, could not be described by words. We forget about our differences. We were there for the sake of Allah, and Rasulullah.

I was relieved and glad as my presentation on "The Remembrance of Allah" went well. Only Allah knows how nervous and worried I was before the presentation. I really did my homework and research on the topic. But Alhamdulillah, they did not nod off during my presentation. They listened. And I pray hard they got what I was trying to deliver.

Friday was rest day and clear some housework day. By then all my children were back home and suddenly the house became noisy. I was supposed to help out for the Maulidur Rasul's preparation, but Hubby went alone instead. I wanted to gather my strength for the big day on Saturday.

And Saturday was the big day. We came to the National Stadium at 2.30 pm to help out here and there. The sky was dark and at about 5 p.m, it was raining heavily. I pray hard that people would still come despite the rain.

My prayer was answered. More than 10,000 jemaah came, for the sake of Allah and Rasulullah. As usual, Ustaz Shafi managed to attract thousands of people when he and Darul Fikrah organized a Maulid. I am proud to be part of Darul Fikrah. The best part was, my two girls also had the chance to help out distributing the packet of briyani rice, Selawat book and water to the jemaah at the entrance. While Affandy had the chance to be with the 'Ulama. He was taken care by the Darul Fikrah's volunteers in charge, and he did not even cry and look for me for that night. I was so proud of my children.

The Maulid went very well. The preparations, the meetings, the standings, the sweat, the smile, the thirst, the hunger, the pain. There were all so worth it.

We left the National Stadium about 1 a.m. By the time we reached home, we were dead beat.

No comments: