Friday, December 31, 2004

SUPERWOMAN IS SUPER BUSY!

Coming to the end of the year, I am extremely busy. Besides the daily housework, I am preparing my two girls for school next year. Get ready their books, stationeries, alter their school uniforms, bags, shoes etc.

I can foresee that next year is going to be a very busy year for me. Afrina starts school at 8.30 to 11.30 a.m and her transport will pick her up at 7.30 a.m. While Afiqah starts at 11.30 a.m to 1.30 p.m which by 10.30 a.m she must get ready. I can't get them to be in the same session. So I have run up and down to send and fetch them. Lucky we arranged for bus transportation, if I were to send them myself....*sigh*

And I am proud to announce that Afiqah is fully toilet trained!!! Congratulations to me! Even though other kids might be fully trained earlier than her, Afiqah is almost 3 years old now, so its better late than never. The first week of training was not easy and I kept asking her every half an hour if she wanted to pee. She got irritated so she simply answer no. Then I changed my tactic, instead of asking, I told her if she felt like wanted to pee, please tell Ummi and we could run together to the toilet. And it worked!! I think to her it was more fun like that. So far she was also dry at night. Goodbye diapers, but of course, I have to standby training pants for her, just in case.

As I was waiting for Hubby to come home last night, I was asking myself if I should make any new resolutions for new year. I even could not remember what was my last year resolution. Well...I can only think of one, and I laughed at myself for it. I want to be a better cook, I mean, I want to improve my standard in the kitchen. Not just in cooking, but also in baking. I realized that I love to bake too, only time did not permit. I have loads of recipes which I collected and kept in the drawer. Starting from next year, it's tomorrow anyway, I want to try new recipes. I know I am not an excellent cook, but I want to try. No harm trying. Can I do it? InsyaAllah.......

The year 2004 brought so much sweet and bitter memories for me. I pray that 2005 will be a fulfilling year for me and hope I can be a better person. Goodbye 2004.....Here comes 2005!