Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Training them

Training children to fast needs lots of patience and understanding.

I remember it's so easy to train Afrina. She is 9 years old now. She started to fast full on occasional days when she was 5 years old. By 6 years old, she fasted full day for the whole month. That was a great achievement to me, as her mom.

Afiqah, who is 6 this year, has also started to fast full day. The only thing was that she has a little difficulty in waking up for sahur. Her reason was - sleepy. But Alhamdulillah, for the past days, she did wake up for sahur. At times, with an unhappy and sleepy face. But being a unique Afiqah (yes Hubby & I call her "unique"), she'll be back to her normal self after eating. Sometimes she sleeps back, sometimes she performs her subuh prayers with us.

And now my son, Affandy. Only once that woke up for sahur. By zuhur, he will ask for some food to fill his hungry stomach. And he can be very angry when he's hungry. I guess it's so true when they say "A hungry man is an angry man". I find it's funny when he says, "Ummi, Affandy nak makan sikit, lepas tu puasa balik." Boleh gitu? Since he's only 5, I'm being quite lenient to him. But InsyaAllah next year, no more "makan, lepas tu puasa balik"!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute:))Thinking back..how and when I started my 1st fasting..our kids' effort about this brings me to shame..kita dulu pemri 4 gitu baru puasa betul2...kekekkeke..!*malu*
send my hugs to your mom..hope she is recuperating well every each day..*hugstorinasayangselaluu*u take care too ya:)

Aryna said...

sriberry : Yes I remember, pri 4 masih puasa setengah hari. But of coz we want the best for our children kan?

My mom is getting better & better each day, Alhamdulillah.

*hugssriberryverycutetakmokasilepas* :D