Friday, January 09, 2009

2009 With A New Routine

Every year, I will have a new routine. Same goes for 2009.

I find that my routine for this year is a little bit hectic, especially in the morning. Maybe I have not get used to the new routine. I still need time to adjust.

My weekdays morning is somehow very rushing. Afrina and Affandy are in morning sessions while Afiqah is in the afternoon session. How I miss my "alone time" in the morning after the children were at school last year. I don't get that privilege this year.

For the past days, Hubby has been helping sending Afrina and Affandy to school. I start doing some house chores before going to the market and cook. As Afiqah is in the afternoon session, so her Quran class will be in the morning, twice a week. Right after her Quran class, she has to get ready to school. As for me, I have my Hadith class on Tuesdays and Quran class on Wednesdays. So my weekdays morning is practically in and out of the house.

After sending Afiqah to school, I have to fetch Afrina and Affandy. Get them to pray and eat lunch, then I have to sit with them for their homework and revision. Then I continue to clear the never-ending house chores. Have to fetch Afiqah in the evening. After Maghrib, we'll have dinner and I'll sit with Afiqah to do her homework.

By 9 pm, I'll get the children to perform their Isyak prayer, then off to bed. When they are in bed, then I can relax. By that time, I really feel exhausted and sleepy.

This year, as two of my children are in primary school, I pledge to do more volunteering work at their school. I want to get to know the school better and get involve in their activities. As this is my second year helping, I have made some friends there and I'm comfortable with them.

All my religious classes will resume starting from this Sunday. On some of my weekday nights, I'll attend the classes with Hubby. I don't wish to miss the classes even how exhausted I am. I yearn to be in majlis ilmu.

I pray that Allah gives me absolute strength, so that I can perform my duty to Him and to my family, well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alhamdulillah..you are back safe,all geared up and well...miss you rina..have a good year and rest well too.