Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Missing Afiqah

I admit that sometimes I wished that I could have some time to be alone, without the kids. My house can be pretty peaceful without the children around.

It's a normal practise that my all children will sleep over at their Nenek's house on school holidays.

But this round, it seems that only Afiqah is very excited to be with Nenek. Since she was there since last Sunday, she is supposed to come back soon. But she insisted to be with her Nenek still this Sunday. What?? The whole week of school holidays!

I definitely disagree with her decision. She has not completed her homework yet. I told her that she has to be back home on Thursday.

The truth is, I, as a mother, feels kind of weird and incomplete when one of my children is not with me. I might complained here and there about them. But still, they are my children. I gave birth to them. I want them to be with me.

A few days without them is acceptable but not seeing them for the whole week...NO.

Allah knows how I felt when I did my pilgrimage for the whole month of December last year. Being apart from my children for the one whole solid month. The yearning to hug and kiss them, missing their voices....it's unbearable for a mother. But Alhamdulillah, with Allah's help, I managed to go through that test.

I have not seen Afiqah for three days. I admit I miss that girl terribly. Today I may stop by at Nenek's house to see my girl. Nenek wanted all my three children to stay with her tonight. But unfortunately, Afrina has a plan of her own, I can't force her to sleep over at Nenek's place. Afrina is a grown up girl now and to her sleeping over is no longer an excitement. She would rather read her books and face the PC, at home, without any interruption.

But I'm not sure about Affandy though. This young man changes his mind very fast. One minute he wants to be with Nenek, the next minute he wants to go home. I'll let him decide later.

2 comments:

Husain n Co. said...

My sentiments exactly like so Rina.My twins can only last one night at nenek's and nyai's places.And will want to be back early in the morn.And this feeling,mak and sons..is mutual:)))I understand the 'missing person'phase you are having:)A mother's love is champion:)

Anonymous said...

Rina, I am in the same boat. My son just left this morning for a 2day and 1 night leadership camp. Its only been a few hours yet I miss him already! My daughter too just told me that she miss her brother. This is the first time that they are apart so its tough.
Hugs to you.